Tuesday, September 29, 2009

do you have any grapes? how about a date?

Pickup lines.
How can something so cheesy still make a girl giggle into swooning? Granted, if some creeper walked up to you at a party and spouted out "Did you just fart? Because you blew me away!" I'm not sure swooning is what you would be doing the moment afterward. But really, where has that old-fashioned good-natured (and clean) hitting on girls gone?

Modern day example of our loss found in the TV show House:
"So I'm thinking we should have sex." Cameron (f) surprises Chase (m) with this statement, rationalizing that neither of them really have time for a relationship. I'm sorry Cameron, but make time! It's so worth it! (Later in the show these two end up engaged. Hmm.)

We need to work on this problem. Television and radio has left women believing that anything cliche coming from a guy's lips is no bueno. But sometimes corny is cute, we just need to (as the women population) give it a chance.

Here are my favourite lines:
-Hi, I'm [name] and you are...gorgeous!
-Can you catch? because I think I'm falling in love with you.
-You know, you might be asked to leave soon. You're making the other girls look really bad.
-Is your father a boxer? Cause you're a knockout.
-Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?
-If your parents hadn't met I'd be very a very unhappy man right now.
-Can I borrow a quarter? "What for?" I want to call my mom and tell I just met the girl of my dreams.
-Date me if I'm wrong, but isn't your name Gertrude?
-[hand her a sugar package] Here, you dropped your name tag.
-Do you think I need my library card? Cause I'm checking you out.
-Hey, don't I know you? Oh yeah, you're the girl with the beautiful smile.

Cute. Now just forward these to all your guy friends. Go.
Jordan
Digital Photograph
2007

Third piece, done.
Cheers,
Em

2 comments: